Instructions for travel to Nunavik from the South
Step 1: Travel Authorization & Quarantine plan
For the purpose to allow us to assess your admissibility, fill out the questionnaire below once your flight has been reserved, at least 72 hours before departure:
If you do not have internet access, contact Nunavik COVID-19 INFO-HEALTH line at 1-888-662-7482 to fill out your questionnaire and obtain your authorization to access the territory of Nunavik (NTAA/AATN).
For any information concerning your trip, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
An authorization to access the territory of Nunavik (NTAA/AATN) will be sent to you by email following the analysis of your questionnaire.
Step 2: Quarantine
Given that quarantine is the most effective method to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the obligation to quarantine applies to all travellers. 1Quarantine may be carried out in the South or in the North (or a combination of both). Quarantine must be for an uninterrupted period of 14 days, apart from the day of travel to Nunavik.
Step 3: Screening for COVID-19 before departure
Note that a negative result is mandatory before departure.
- For flights departing from the Montréal-Trudeau Airport, starting October 28th, 2020, a COVID-19 screening clinic will be available to offer screening to travellers leaving from Montreal to Nunavik. The screening service will no longer be offered at Montreal airport. Proof of a negative result for a test performed at a designated testing center within 96 hours of departure is also accepted.
The Nunavik travelers clinic is located at:
819 McCaffrey, Ville Saint-Laurent, Qc, H4T 1N3
You must make an appointment:
Call 1 833-341-3888 or 1 514-341-8888
or by email: email@example.com
- For flights departing from the Jean Lesage Airport in Québec City, no on-site screening for COVID-19 is available. You may visit a designated testing center in your region. Proof of a negative result for a COVID-19 test performed within 96 hours of departure must be presented.
- For charter flights, you may visit the Nunavik travelers clinic or a designated testing center in your region. Proof of a negative result for a COVID-19 test performed within 96 hours of departure and a list of passengers must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 3:00 pm on the day before the flight. This step is essential for the authorization of the charter flight. This step is required for the authorization of the charter flight.
Step 4: Pre-boarding questionnaire
On the day of the flight, you will need to fill out a health questionnaire. People who have symptoms of COVID-19 and those who are in isolation after close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 will not be permitted to board.
Step 5: 2 ndCOVID-19 screening
Note that a second COVID-19 screening is now required for all travelers coming from the south on the 7 thday following their arrival. It is the traveler’s responsibility to make an appointment with the CLSC in their community.
For people travelling to Whapmagoostui and going through Kuujjuaraapik:
- Nunavik Territory Access Authorization (NTAA) is required. Fill out the following questionnaire:
- No test is required to obtain the NTAA.
- Refer to the Quarantine Act applicable to this territory (mandatory self-isolation law):
Areas of risk: https://www.cngov.ca/covid-19/#risk