Meaning How Are Our Youths?
In the fall of 2022, the Nunavik Board of Health and Social Services conducted the first health survey of high school students in Nunavik. The primary aim was to understand the state of health and well-being of young Nunavimmiut.
The Uvikkavut Qanuippat survey was inspired by the Québec Health Survey of High School Students (QHSHSS), which took place three times since 2010-2011 across the province, with the exception of the James Bay Cree region and Nunavik.
All high school students across Nunavik were invited to participate in this survey. Data collection took place in class using an electronic questionnaire lasting approximately 60-90 minutes.
The questions focused on:
- Lifestyle habits
- Mental and physical health
- Interpersonal relationships
- This survey is the result of a partnership with Kativik Ilisarniliriniq, with the collaboration of Institut de la statistique du Québec (ISQ).
- For students under the age of 14, the consent of a parent or legal guardian is required.
- The data collected from participants will remain confidential.